Thursday, June 30, 2011

I know this is a little late. But I thought it would be fun to start documenting my beautiful boys progress. But I thought I should probably start from the beginning.
Well after a very long 40 weeks I finally started having contractions on Tues March 15th at around 11pm. Which was great, because I was due on the 16th. Little did I know that I would be having very painful strong back contractions for the next 22 hours with little dilating. Finally around 8pm on Wed night I was able to have an epidural which was great relief. I relaxed and enjoyed watching American Idol with my parents and sister Heather, was able to take a little nap:) Around 10pm I was fully dilated and no longer feeling the epidural(OUCH!) and it was time to start pushing! Well after about an hour and a half he wasn't coming, so they decided to have me stop, they gave me some more epidural and sat me straight up in the bed hoping gravity would push him out. I was able to get some rest and after about 2 more hours the epidural wore off again and the contractions were very strong but he was slowly moving down. But with that brought more pain as he was pushing on my sciatic nerve. Not fun. I pushed again for about an hour, and finally the doctor used the suction, on the third try at 415 am on Thursday March 17th(St. Patty's Day!) out came Liam Cole Norwood. He weighed 8.4lbs and was 21in long. I was exhausted and had some trouble with some bleeding but all was well because I had a beautiful healthy boy. Well worth every stretch mark.

I will try to start posting some updates as he continues to grow and amaze me. Liam is now 15 weeks old today. And we had a big milestone, he started rolling over from back to stomach today!!! He is incrediably active, always moving around kicking his legs and punching himself:) He is growing so fast, he is wearing 6 month clothes. I'm not sure how much he weighs, at his 12 week check up he weighed 12lbs so I'm sure he is around 15lbs. He is a really happy baby, he loves cooing and laughing, he is a growler too. And amazingly cute;)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! Glad to hear you and little man are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me witness the miracle of his birth...He' a blessing & I'm so glad he's here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE!!! So cute! Welcome to the blog world!! Can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete